Planning to pursue MBA port and shipping management at UPES
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Hi sir, i am considering port & shipping managmt mba at UPES, i just wanted to know if there is a future in this field for me? do companies recruit well? is there a chance to grow? plz help me decide...!

Shipping and Port Management is having a huge opening both in Domestic and International careers. This Course is a rare course but placement requirements are huge in market. There is a good opportunity in getting government jobs under shipping/navy departments. Some of the career positions you can likely to be offered are Shipping Manager, Port Manager, Liner Executive, Merchant Officer, etc. Many Shipping Companies, Agency Houses, Clearing and Forwarding firms, Export/Import Houses, Major ports are looking for peoples with specialization in this core. UPES is India's as well as Asia's only core sector university. This university offers industry specific courses in Oil & Gas, Logistics & Supply Chain, Port and Shipping, Infrastructure, IT, Electronics, Power, Aviation etc. They had pretty fair placements records even in the days of recession, so i hope they will definitely show better results in growing market.

+ Reply to Post