Can 11th failed student get admission in Class 12th of CBSE?
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Role
    Other

Subject: Student Failed in 11th arts, whether can take admission in CBSE 12th private student?

Hi,

My sister Failed in 11th Arts, Whether she can Admission in 12th Arts as CBSE Private student??
    and when & where i will get the forms for it?
    New Delhi

Role
    Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by bhardwajmamta View Post
    My sister Failed in 11th Arts, Whether she can get Admission in 12th Arts as CBSE Private student??
    and when & where i will get the forms for it?
    New Delhi
    She need to clear her 11th examinations in able to move further for 12th. As per the rules, "One should have passed Class XI examination from an institution affiliated to this Board or an insitution recognized by / affiliated to any recognized Board in India atleast one year earlier than the year in which he would take Senior School Certificate Examination of the Board".

I would suggest you to get her 12th done through NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) only if she failed to pass the XIth exams again. As per the NIOS guidelines, "A two-year gap is essential from the year of passing the Class X. If you do not have the requisite gap of two years, you can appear in a maximum of four subjects only in the forthcoming April-May examination and subsequent October-November Examination. You will be eligible to appear in the remaining subjects only on completion of the two years gap. In the absence of the two years gap, your examination fee will be adjusted for the first four opted subjects and the remaining fee, if paid for other subjects, will be forfeited."

Eligibility criteria for private candidates,

(a) A candidate who had failed at the All India Senior School Certificate Examination of the Board will be eligible to reappear at a subsequent examination as a private candidate in the syllabus and text books as prescribed for the examination of the year in which he will reappear.

(b) Regular candidates (s) of the previous year who have completed regular course of studies and have been alloted Roll No. for appearing at the examination but could not appear at the Annual Examination due to medical reasons except shortage of attendence as laid down in the Examination Bye laws will also be eligible to reappear at a subsequent examination as a private candidate.

Role
    Other

Smile Thanx for ur help.

Quote Originally Posted by counselor View Post
    She need to clear her 11th examinations in able to move further for 12th. As per the rules, "One should have passed Class XI examination from an institution affiliated to this Board or an insitution recognized by / affiliated to any recognized Board in India atleast one year earlier than the year in which he would take Senior School Certificate Examination of the Board".

I would suggest you to get her 12th done through NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) only if she failed to pass the XIth exams again. As per the NIOS guidelines, "A two-year gap is essential from the year of passing the Class X. If you do not have the requisite gap of two years, you can appear in a maximum of four subjects only in the forthcoming April-May examination and subsequent October-November Examination. You will be eligible to appear in the remaining subjects only on completion of the two years gap. In the absence of the two years gap, your examination fee will be adjusted for the first four opted subjects and the remaining fee, if paid for other subjects, will be forfeited."

Eligibility criteria for private candidates,

(a) A candidate who had failed at the All India Senior School Certificate Examination of the Board will be eligible to reappear at a subsequent examination as a private candidate in the syllabus and text books as prescribed for the examination of the year in which he will reappear.

(b) Regular candidates (s) of the previous year who have completed regular course of studies and have been alloted Roll No. for appearing at the examination but could not appear at the Annual Examination due to medical reasons except shortage of attendence as laid down in the Examination Bye laws will also be eligible to reappear at a subsequent examination as a private candidate.
    Thanx a lot i appreciate your help.

Role
    Student
    I think its obviously yes.. moreover the students studying in cbse in class 11 wont be such a slow learner and wont fail..

+ Reply to Post