+ Ask a Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Discussion Title:

Query regarding the Eligibility for Chandigarh(UT) Quota

Role
    Student

Query regarding the Eligibility for Chandigarh(UT) Quota

Respected sir/madam

I have failed in science(non-medical) in 12th CBSE examinations 2012. Now i am thinking of appearing as a private candidate for CBSE 2013 examinations in Arts stream. I am a resident of Chandigarh and have done my senior secondary (11th & 12th) schooling from Chandigarh. All i want to know is whether i will be eligible under the Chandigarh(UT) quota OR outside quota at the time of admission in colleges after the completion of my 12th in 2013?

Role
    Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchit View Post
    I have failed in science(non-medical) in 12th CBSE examinations 2012. Now i am thinking of appearing as a private candidate for CBSE 2013 examinations in Arts stream. I am a resident of Chandigarh and have done my senior secondary (11th & 12th) schooling from Chandigarh. All i want to know is whether i will be eligible under the Chandigarh(UT) quota OR outside quota at the time of admission in colleges after the completion of my 12th in 2013?
    Quota applicability depends on the college you're applying to. Regarding eligibility, yes are eligible.

As per the guidelines, "Those candidates, who have passed the qualifying examination (10+2) from schools/colleges located in the Union Territory, Chandigarh and recognized by the Chandigarh Administration, are considered under the Chandigarh Quota and all other students who have passed their qualifying examination from elsewhere, fall under the All India Quota.

Role
    Student
    But i am Giving exams as a PRIVATE candidate! ?

Role
    Supporter
    But i am Giving exams as a PRIVATE candidate! ?
    As I said earlier, It depends on the college/university you are willing to apply, like whether they will consider private candidate marks. I wish most of them will consider. You need to check with all the colleges/universities in Chandigarh individually at the time of admission.

Role
    Student
    Ok,Thanks.
    I also wanted to know that out of geography and political science ,which of the subject is more scoring?

Role
    Supporter
    Ok,Thanks.
    I also wanted to know that out of geography and political science ,which of the subject is more scoring?
    That's a subjective question, it really depends on you, like how much you like the subject and how well you learn the particular material.

Role
    Student
    Can i know weather 'public administration' is still available for us in arts stream in CBSE (private Exams) ?

Role
    Supporter
    Can i know weather 'public administration' is still available for us in arts stream in CBSE (private Exams) ?
    These are the list of subjects you're allowed to take as a private candidate: http://www.icbse.com/subject-codes

Role
    Student
    Ok,Thank You So much

Role
    Student
    Can i take business studies under arts stream?

+ Reply to Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast