Can I appear for 12th science from CBSE after Diploma?
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Role
    Student

hello,
    i have completed my 10th from cbse in vadodara, Gujarat, with 72% in the year 2008. after completing 10th, i joined diploma. and now i am a diploma holder in civil engineering. but now i wish to try for 12th science from cbse itself directly as a private candidate. please let me know whether i am eligible or not... if yes, then what will the procedure and if no... then what other boards will allow me to appear for the exam?????

thank you!

Role
    Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by madhulahar93 View Post
    hello,
    i have completed my 10th from cbse in vadodara, Gujarat, with 72% in the year 2008. after completing 10th, i joined diploma. and now i am a diploma holder in civil engineering. but now i wish to try for 12th science from cbse itself directly as a private candidate. please let me know whether i am eligible or not... if yes, then what will the procedure and if no... then what other boards will allow me to appear for the exam?????

thank you!
    I'm not sure why would you like to go for 12th when you hold a better qualification. If you hold a valid 3 year diploma, You may be granted a concession of one year in degree courses known as LEET or Lateral Entry.

Regarding eligibility as a private candidate in CBSE, here you go http://www.icbse.com/faqs/eligibility-criteria-appear-private-candidate
    Your profile doesn't seem to fit in any of the criteria laid, So you aren't eligible for it.

You may wish to appear for NIOS Senior Secondary examination (Stream-I) to be held in April 2013, last date is August 31, 2012. More information can be found at http://www.online.nios.ac.in/niosreg10/premain.asp

+ Reply to Post