Improvement Exam Applicability in Entrance Exams
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Role
    Student

Sir, I got 81% marks in XII - 2012 (PCM - 81.6%; Aggregate - 81%). These marks are sufficient for BITSAT next year.
    In light of the changed pattern of IITJEE these marks may not be sufficient next year. I got 76% in Physics this year and would like to go for improvement exams next year at least in Physics. BITSAT do not allow improvement in only one subject (though I got sufficient marks in 2012). I do not want to spend too much time in preparing for all 5 subject improvement at the cost of competitive examinations. My questions are:
    1. Can I appear for IITJEE - 2013 with improved marksheet (hopefully I achieve overall 85%+ next year)?
    2. Can I simultaneously appear for BITSAT - 2013 with 2012 marksheet?
    3. Will CBSE take back the old mark sheet of 2012 and issue a new mark sheet with improved marks?
    4. Or I will have 2 mark sheets, i.e., Old 2012 and New improvement marks in a seperate sheet?

Regards,
    Anant Goyal

Role
    Supporter
    1. IITJEE 2013 is in dilemma for the time being, keep an eye on newspapers and official websites regarding the new pattern.
    2. Yes, As per the latest eligibility criteria you can appear for BITSAT with upto one year late marks in Class XII.
    3. You will be retaining the old mark-sheet and CBSE will issue a new one denoting on the new improved marks.
    4. You are right, you will hold two mark-sheets, Old 2012 and New 2013, the new one will denote subjects which you gonna appear for in 2013. A sample marks-sheet can be accessed at http://www.icbse.com/exams/improvement/marksheet

Role
    Student
    Sir, thanks a lot for your help. Could you please guide me When and How can I apply for improvement exams?
    I tried seeing www.cbse.nic.in, but did not find any information on this front?
    Regards,
    Anant Goyal

Role
    Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by anantgoyal View Post
    Sir, thanks a lot for your help. Could you please guide me When and How can I apply for improvement exams?
    I tried seeing www.cbse.nic.in, but did not find any information on this front?
    Regards,
    Anant Goyal
    Anant, Information and Notifications are yet to be announced by CBSE, you need to be regular on the official website you mentioned for updates. I'll update you with this thread as soon as application forms are released.

+ Reply to Post