Are students failed in one main subject of 12th eligible for JEE Main? 2014
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Are students failed in one main subject of 12th eligible for JEE Main?

Role
    Student

Are students failed in one main subject of 12th eligible for JEE Main?

1) According to cbse i have passed class 12th in 2012.

2) i am failed in mathematics.

3) i had 6 subjects in class 12th viz. i) physics ii) chemistry iii) maths iv) physical education v) english vi) punjabi. punjabi was my additional subject but due the fact that i failed in mathematics , punjabi replaced maths and cbse made maths my additional subject and declared me pass in class 12th, as a candidate needs only five subjects to pass 12th( as per cbse rule) ..

4) i wanted to give maths exam next year along with other subjects as a private candidate. i called dozens of time to various regional offices of cbse and get an assurance that i can give improvement of all subjects including mathematics as i was declared pass.

5) i did it according to the information given to me by the cbse and fill an improvement form for all 5 subjects( excluding punjabi)

6) But after 2 months i got a letter from cbse regional office panchkula that maths is my additinal subject and according to cbse rule one can't give additional subject exam along with other subjects. it was written in the letter that either i can give physics, chem, physical education , english or only mathematics paper.

7) As maths is a compulsory subject for engineering so i chose mathematics.

8) I am giving maths paper as an additional subject, i am not giving improvement in it .as one can give improvement in only those subjects in which he has passed out.

9) Now i want to give jee mains examination. i don't know which columns will i fill. i called many a times to helpline of jeemains . Every person has his/her own views there. someone is saying that i must fill passed in 2012 and the percentage [ excluding maths]. when i argued on this they said that our senior officers have told us that if someone has such type of condition then he has to fill pass. they also said that i don't need to tick the improvement column too. Cbse will take my present percentage excluding maths .

10) When i asked them that when cbse will see in my result that i am failed in maths then it will make me disqualified. But then they assure me that it will not happen as you just need 50% in class 12th to become eligible in admission to NIT'S.

11) I asked them that if i fill appearing in 2013 instead of passed in 2012? they said that now next year i am giving only matematics paper when they will check my result only maths' marks will be there in the result and they will consider that i have not appeared for other subjects and will make me disqualified.

12)BUT when i called in the regional office of panchkula then they said that i must fill appearing in 2013 as maths is a compulsory subject and i can't fill passed out in 2012 as i am not passed in maths. Noone is giving me the satisfactory answer.

please reply me soon as i want to do correction in jee main's application form.

13) sir, i want also to ask you am i eligible for jee main and jee advance or not? if no, then what are the other options that can i pursue?

PLEASE REPLY ME.....

Role
    Student

Unhappy

Hlo frnd...
    This running year i appeared for my 12th exam and my maths wxam was not good .i may fail in it.. Bhai plzz batao na mere result mein kya dega pass ya fail...baaki saare subjcts (5)mein acha marks rahega ..tb plzz rply

+ Reply to Post