How to take admission in government engineering colleges?
+ Ask a Question
  Results 1 to 2 of 2
Discussion Title:

How to take admission in government engineering colleges?

  1. #1

    Posts
    1
    Role
    Student
    Location
    Bareilly,india

    How to take admission in government engineering colleges?

    sir/mam i had passed class 12 in 2011 with 72% pcm(cbse) and had dropped an year for preparation of engg. entrances, but i was not able to perform well due to bad health, i was ready mentally to prepare for aieee this year also as i cannot afford to take addmission in private colleges , but due to the changed pattern of giving 40% weightage to board exams i am confused as i had not the provision of giving improvemt exms. in 2013 , plzz. answer.

  2. #2
    counselor's Avatar
    Posts
    182
    Role
    Supporter
    Location
    Mumbai
    Quote Originally Posted by roastedtalent View Post
    sir/mam i had passed class 12 in 2011 with 72% pcm(cbse) and had dropped an year for preparation of engg. entrances, but i was not able to perform well due to bad health, i was ready mentally to prepare for aieee this year also as i cannot afford to take addmission in private colleges , but due to the changed pattern of giving 40% weightage to board exams i am confused as i had not the provision of giving improvemt exms. in 2013 , plzz. answer.
    I wouldn't recommend anyone dropping a year unless you're 100% sure about your success next year. Yes, you aren't eligible for improvement exam. Now you can either repeat Class XII (which isn't a suggested option) from different board only if you can secure better marks or give your best in the JEE-Main exam.

    [COLOR=#333333]but due to the changed pattern of giving 40% weightage to board exams[/COLOR]
    The scheme of 40 percent weightage to board scores and the rest 60% to JEE Main was decided in a recent meeting conducted on July 4. The pattern and allotment of weightage to board exams is yet to be published officially by central institutions.

+ Reply to Post

Similar Threads

  1. What are the Top Engineering Colleges in India?
    By dimple in forum College/University Admissions
    Replies: 12
    Last Reply: 11th May 2017, 12:49 PM
  2. Top engineering colleges and universities in India?
    By akshay in forum College/University Admissions
    Replies: 6
    Last Reply: 9th January 2013, 03:35 PM