How to Change Subject from French to Sanskrit in Class 10th?
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Role
    Parent

Hi,
    My daughter is studying currently in 10th grade. She studied her 9th grade in Bangalore with second language as French. We now moved to Nellore. There is only one school in Nellore which has CBSE syllabus. They do not offer French but offer only Hindi, Telugu and Sanskrit. While my daughter registered in 9th grade for 10th grade she did mention that her second language is French. Now we are not sure what is the procedure here?
    Can she opt Sanskrit given the current situation that the school do not offer French? If so what is the procedure. Can someone help us? Also to confirm this matter to whom we need to contact from CBSE board - Chennai region.

Regards
    Naveen

Role
    Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
    Hi,
    My daughter is studying currently in 10th grade. She studied her 9th grade in Bangalore with second language as French. We now moved to Nellore. There is only one school in Nellore which has CBSE syllabus. They do not offer French but offer only Hindi, Telugu and Sanskrit. While my daughter registered in 9th grade for 10th grade she did mention that her second language is French. Now we are not sure what is the procedure here?
    Can she opt Sanskrit given the current situation that the school do not offer French? If so what is the procedure. Can someone help us? Also to confirm this matter to whom we need to contact from CBSE board - Chennai region.

Regards
    Naveen
    As per the rules, no candidate shall be permitted to change his subject of study after passing class IX and The candidate shall not offer a subject in class X which he has not studied and passed in class IX.

But chairman have the powers to allow a change in subject(s) even in Class X, you can file a personal appeal with the chairman (Vineet Joshi Tel. 91-11-22023737, 2322154, Email: [email protected]) regarding your matter before 30th September.

Here's the contact information for Chennai region, http://www.icbse.com/regional-offices#chennai

+ Reply to Post