Visa requirement for a foreign student as private candidate in CBSE?
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Role
    Other

hello everyone.

im hoping this forum will be able to assist me.

my brother studied in india and wrote his final exams (class 12) in March 2011 when he was still enrolled in Toc H school in Kochi.

he failed his economics board exam and tried to rewrite the economics compartment as a private candidate in march 2012 when his student visa was still valid. Unfortunately he wasn't allowed to write the exam as he was told he didnt fulfill the requirements as a private candidate.

we have flown back to india multiple times (at great expense) to try and get information.

i have emailed the CBSE board 3 times with no response.

i have phoned the CBSE head office in Chennai with no answer. The one time i got through, no one spoke english.

Toc H school cant help as he no longer a student there.

i have been trying for months and months.

please. Can someone help?

1) what are the private candidate requirements?

2) can he write just economics or does he have to rewrite all subjects?

3) what Visa does he need? He will only be in india to register and write the exam. He wont be living there any more.

i hope the above is in order and that someone may assist. I have been googling and phoning for months. Im very frustrated.

regards.

Role
    Other
    Bump!

can anyone help?

this is a very serious issue. I was hoping India would be more helpful than this. Im starting to regret us choosing to send him there.

there is no one to help you with anything.

Role
    Supporter
    1) what are the private candidate requirements?
    Please find the eligibility criteria here http://www.icbse.com/faqs/eligibilit...vate-candidate

2) can he write just economics or does he have to rewrite all subjects?
    Your brother failed the both first (July/Aug 2011) and second (March/April 2012) compartment chances, right? He still got the third and the final chance if he wants to pass the economics exam else he can make a route towards appearing as a private candidate with all subjects. Please have a look into Compartmental examination rules laid down by CBSE here http://www.icbse.com/faqs/rules-proc...mpartment-exam

3) what Visa does he need? He will only be in india to register and write the exam. He wont be living there any more.
    May I know his current status? like if he's an Indian, NRI or PIO. And please inquire with more specific reason for his nonacceptance as a private candidate. As far as I know, he can write private examination in any abroad CBSE affiliated school as well.

Role
    Other
    thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions Counsellor.

my brother is a south african citizen. He was in India studying for 3 years.

He left India after he wrote his board exam in April 2011 and returned to south africa.

he failed economics in 2011. We asked a family friend (who is an indian citizen and lives in Kochi) to help with the application to appear as a private candidate. He tried to go back in march 2012 to appear for the compartment exam but was denied the chance to write because his application form was incorrect. Our family friend had filled the form wrong. So he couldnt write.

now this year we are trying again for him to appear for the economics compartment in July.

i will be flying to india in march to make sure the application forms are submitted correctly.

but i dont know where to download the forms? How or where to submit them when im india? Where do I go?

the school is no help because he is no longer registered there.

thank you and looking forward to your response.

kind regards.

Role
    Supporter
    I am sorry to say, he couldn't apply for last attempt of compartment examination again as he already lost the chance in July/August 2012. Now he need to reappear in all the subjects again after registering as a private candidate. I'm quoting below the rule number two from CBSE Compartment Examination Rules,

A candidate who does not appear or fails at one or all the chances of compartment shall be treated to have failed in the examination and shall be required to reappear in all the subjects at the subsequent annual examination of the Board as per syllabi and courses laid down for the examination concerned in order to pass the examination. The candidate shall have the option to appear at the practical examination in the subjects involving practical or retain their previous marks in one more annual examination after the Third Chance Compartment.
    Please visit http://www.cbserod.net.in/exmnr/pvtmenu.aspx to register online for private candidates, whereas offline forms can be collected from Syndicate Bank, CBSE, IP Extension, Patparganj, Delhi. After successfully applying online the printout of the form alongwith demand draft of requisite fee in favour of Secretary, CBSE, Delhi should reach to CBSE office at PS 1-2 I.P. Extn, Patparganj, Delhi-110092 before due date.

Unfortunately he missed this year's deadline (15.01.2013 with late fee) for registering as a private candidate for board examinations to be held in March/April 2013.

Role
    Other
    thank you so much for your help.

im going to fly to chennai and see the CBSE board office there and see if there is anything I can do.

thanks once again.

+ Reply to Post