Curriculum for class 1 students in India?
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Role
    Parent

My son who is studying in class 1 and where in class prep he was reading three letter words and introduce to this,that and those.
    now he is in class 1 and his class teacher is pressurizing him to learn spelling of keyboard monitor mouse and ask them to learn about current affairs e.g who are nominating for president's post, name 2 famous cricketers name..... do u think is it ok for a class 1 st or not, i think they are putting unneccessary pressure on student. pls help.

Role
    Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Daljeet View Post
    My son who is studying in class 1 and where in class prep he was reading three letter words and introduce to this,that and those.
    now he is in class 1 and his class teacher is pressurizing him to learn spelling of keyboard monitor mouse and ask them to learn about current affairs e.g who are nominating for president's post, name 2 famous cricketers name..... do u think is it ok for a class 1 st or not, i think they are putting unneccessary pressure on student. pls help.
    NCERT is the authority to publish syllabus for Classes I-XII (http://www.ncert.nic.in/rightside/links/syllabus.html). If you feel the pressure on child, you may request the school regarding the leniency in the curriculum. You may want to mutually resolve the issue with school.

yes, you are right daljeet at this level they are putting more pressure on school going kids, these days they are trying to teach more more to the student they doesnt think that how these kids can learn all that

Role
    Parent
    It is very difficult for a first standard class boy to follow the current affairs. May be you can have a chat with the school principal to come up with a customized learning plan for the kids according to one's capability.

+ Reply to Post