I think I will fail in 3 subjects of 12th board exams, Do I need to repeat 12th?
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

I think I will fail in 3 subjects of 12th board exams, Do I need to repeat 12th?

Role
    Student

i think so i have failed at physics, chemistry and maths because i was down with jaundice and a day before maths i got a viral. My friends are saying that if i fail at 2 subjects, i would have to give 12th again by going to school. i am expecting over 25 marks in all of the 3 practicals. My main doubt is that:
    1. Do i have to go to school again?
    2. after giving the retest can i give improvement exam?
    thanks!

Role
    Student
    Hello Nableenq,

If you fail in 2 subjects - You will be eligible for giving compartment exams of both of them. However, if you fail in 3 exams your result will be declared as - Fail.

Getting good marks in practicals while you don't get good score in theory exams will not be of much help because in order to pass a subject exam like Physics or Chemistry you have to individually pass in both of - Theory paper and practical paper. Basically passing is 33% of total marks. Like for practical it would be around 9 marks out of 30 and for theory around 23 marks out of 70.

In case you fail, you can enroll in CBSE as a private candidate and give exams. You will NOT have to attend school if you enroll as a private candidate. However if you wish to attend school ( because sitting at home for 1 year can be boring) you can choose to enroll in some school as well.

In case you get 2 compartments, you can give your compartment exams and then give improvement exams only NEXT YEAR.

Look, I must tell you compartment exams are tough. Even if you study really hard you can't score well in them. You will just score like something above passing marks. If you really want a good percentage then you should enroll as private candidate and perform well in exams next year, or just give improvement exams of all subjects next year.

If you need any help, let me know.

Role
    Student
    do i want to do practical again for improvement exam?? what are the steps to write improvement exam?

Role
    Student
    No, you should not repeat the 12th class just give improvement test on those subjects in which you are thinking you will be fail and always think positive and hope for the best. If you want to improve result for next time do some Meditation and focus on your aim.

Role
    Student
    Hi , I wanted to know is someone fails in three subjects ( eg: physics , mathematics , chemistry )then do they have to repeat all the 5 papers ..??

Role
    Student
    I have failed in 3 subjects of class 12 this year. In physics,chemistry and maths.I want to know that what is the procedure for giving the exams .Can I give the exams of all the 5 subjects. From where I can register for the exams. Please answer me. I am in heavy need for it.

Role
    Student
    I have failed in 4 subjects of class 10 this year. In science,hindi and english.I have to know that what is the procedure for giving the exams .Can I give the exams of all the 6 subjects. From where we can register for the exams. Please answer me.

Role
    Student
    I have failed in 4 subjects of class 10 this year. In science,hindi and english.I have to know that what is the procedure for giving the exams .Can I give the exams of all the 6 subjects. From where we can register for the exams. Please answer me.

Role
    Student
    Hi Guys............
    Well come to forum site. I want to do practical again for exam improvement. we are are the steps to write improvement exam.
    We must tell you compartment exams are tough. I study really hard you can't score well in them. You will be just score like so practical exam.

Role
    Student
    Quote Originally Posted by creditcard View Post
    We have Getting good marks in practicals. He don't get good score in theory exams will not be of much help because in order to pass a subject exam like Physics or Chemistry. We have to individually pass in both of - Theory paper and practical paper. We have Basically passing is 33% of total marks.

+ Reply to Post