Which should I choose from CCNA, Diploma Civil engineer or Sales job?
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Role
    Other

Faced with dilemma,Plz Help!Out of all these which should I choose at this age?CCNA or Diploma Civil engineer or Sales job?
    I'm 35 yo single man from Calcutta,jobless as i left my pharma sales job 2 yrs back.
    My qual is BSc (PCM) & MBA (Marketing) from SMU.Unfortunately i did mba without any plan and i dont like sales
    i being the only son has pressure of working,my father is sick & i will be on the road if something happens to him,the same relative is offering me the same MR job in the same co i worked earlier but left due to harassment.should i join MR line or pursue a diploma(civil) from ICE(India) whose website is ice.net.in
    Is that recognized in private sector to fetch me a job as i cant get govt job now at this age?
    I can also try to get a job as a life insurance advisor in a private co in India
    plz advise me ,out of all these paths which is the best path to follow?
    thank you
    With Regards

Role
    Other
    I think this can be a tough decision for you at this stage about what career option you need to choose. Meanwhile, if you choose networking as a career option then I must say you will definitely get a good job in 1 yer. Cisco Rack and CCNA is a good certification which you can pursue and take a training of this courses. Those courses also available online for training and you can learn CCNA easily. Beside, you can continue your job as well.

at this age it is very tough to decide which way to head.

Sales is something that you really don't wish to do, I can make that out, since you have been demotivated in your previous job. I suggest you two options
    1. Either use your previous experience to get into another company as an MR, since you mentioned you left because of the humiliation in company and not because of the nature of the job.
    2. As suggested earlier, do networking course like CCNA and join a relevant company and within an year, you can reach a sustainable position.

Joining life insurance as an adviser may not be a good idea since it takes a lot of time before it yields quantifiable results.

Role
    Other
    Hi Friends,
    Thank you both for advising and helping me.
    Well,firstly,I mentioned the diploma civil engineering and ccna courses as I now believe are better lines than the job of a Medical Representative!!
    2ndly,authorVaibhav though I forgot to mention ,but now I want to make it clear that I dont like any kind of sales job including that of a MR. Even if I again get a job in a top pharma MNC ,I wont be happy from my heart with that kind of job profile leave aside getting job satisfaction!
    3rdly,MR job is very strainous often taking a toll on your health.It involves working under extreme heat of the sun, getting drenched in the rain or shivering in the cold & then it feels like you are begging to a doctor (our esteemed customer) or to the stockist or to the shopkeeper boy who is hardly class 10 pass(the attendants in the shop or dispensary etc etc) to earn a livelihood.
    I didnt like the job for one day in the 5 years that i worked in this field! As for money, you are paid much less as a fresher than a fresher engineer gets in TCS or Infosys.After a year of experience ,your salary increments might be stopped by the "local managers"(read ASM/regional or zonal heads) recommendation to the head-office which was what I faced!
    Now plz tell me is it right to go back to the sales line if I dont like sales?

p.s.: It is only because of our middle-class poor family that I was forced to work as a MR,that too i got the job as I had some reference in the top management of that company! If you call this nepotism ,then i didn't gain of it ,people get favor million times more than these, but very few regret taking a favor like I am regretting now!
    I regret i didn't study engineering then, instead of taking this type of cheap favour from my relative!

+ Reply to Post