My son is studying in class IX of modern vidya niketan, faridabad ,haryana. The school has not promoted him in class Xth and detained him in class IXth due to his below average performance in only One subject in social science in which he got E1 overall grade in the year 2012-13 for which he had to appear for the re-test.He cleared the re-test but the school authority refused to promote because of the lower overall average which still comes to be E1. I personally met with his class Teachers / Examination In-charge and requested to promote my son in Xth class to avoid negative impact and De-motivation / stress on the growing child, but they refused to promote him. My son is under stress and would request you to let me know that any CBSE affiliated School can Detain/ Fail any student due to poor performance in one examination up to class IX as per CBSE guidelines ? Is there any possibility to promote him into class under CBSE Guideline for Detention / CBSE Promotion Policy for Class IX Students under CCE 2012-13 and whom should we contact ??
Kindly advice me
manish budhiraja