How to prepare for board exams?
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Role
    Student

I want to prepare for board exam,where should i start and how to plan my exam.How to get Study material for same

Role
    Mentor
    Self study is the best way to score good marks in board examination. Just study 5-6 hours a day with full focus on your studies. Trust me!

Role
    Student
    First of all it is important to understand that an over night study or a month study wouldn't get good grades in boards . Even m preparing for board exams and my moto from day 1 is to work hard.
    1) if you are a science student the books that you should have are : Pradeep phy,chem and R.D sharma maths
    for commerce and arts student ncert may be sufficient for preparing ..
    2) make a target for yourself to achieve everyday , every week . try to be ahead of what is happening in school so that you can revise in school and later at home . if you do so you'll automatically will be done with a chapter at least 2 times !
    3) study each chapter at least 5 times before boards and do all the Q & A you can find !
    4) search online the max question or sample papers you can get.
    5) stay confident
    6) stay on track and make a planner!

Role
    Other
    I agree with Nandini,
    1) plan and prepare a timetable that covers all the chapters of every subjects. Allot an hour or 1 and half an hour for every chapter per day per subject...
    2) Achieve your every day target
    3) Revise the target back once you are sitting for the next day, in that you can remember what you studied last day.
    4) Prepare from the previous years Q&A

All the best.

Role
    Student
    These are 10 things you must do to reduce stress and perform better in the board exams:
    1. Do not mug up derivations practice them by writing them down on paper.
    2. Try to understand the concept behind each step in derivation and make a proper logical flow.
    3. Try to practice lot of application based questions when practicing numericals.
    4. Write answers that are to the point and are not too long.
    5. Have a balanced approach devote adequate time to all subjects or go by a plan.
    6. Keep enough revision time for each subject.
    7. Avoid too much of stress and develop support system to de stress.
    8. Must give formulae when using in questions.
    9. Make a column on the extreme right of the answer sheet for rough calculations.
    10. In papers like Maths, Physics, Accounts etc after the numerical write answers separately in the next line.

Role
    Other
    i think most important is you have to decided you own. then discus with your senior. he could be the best person. who can help out

First believe in your self . Change your some bad habits . Be consistent to your study . Love your subject first. start creating a interest in the subjects. and Finally take some advice from your seniors. All the best....

+ Reply to Post