Best age to determine a child's talent
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Role
    Parent

Hi,

I have a small kid who is 3 yrs old. I want to know which is the best age to discover my child's innate talent. I am going to send my kid to Orchids International School in Bangalore. And I am just curious to know this. Any one can help me out?

Role
    Mentor
    Hi,

There is no set age to particularly say what is the actual passion /talent of a child. He / She is just 3 years old. What you can do is allow your child to explore various subjects / activities may be till his 8th std you can keep it in a relaxed exploration mode. He can really apply his mind into various stuffs and definitely will show interest in something in which he is passionate about.

Once you identify, you give more focus on that particular field to groom him better in the field. But one important suggestion is not to rush, let him do what he love. your kid will shine in life. Be a support as you are now.

All the best.

Regards
    Team PropelSteps

Role
    Parent
    Thank you very much for your valuable response! I will do as you have suggested in this regard. I will support by all means to shape her future.

Role
    Other
    Quote Originally Posted by Propelsteps View Post
    Hi,

There is no set age to particularly say what is the actual passion /talent of a child. He / She is just 3 years old. What you can do is allow your child to explore various subjects / activities may be till his 8th std you can keep it in a relaxed exploration mode. He can really apply his mind into various stuffs and definitely will show interest in something in which he is passionate about.

Once you identify, you give more focus on that particular field to groom him better in the field. But one important suggestion is not to rush, let him do what he love. your kid will shine in life. Be a support as you are now.

All the best.

Regards
    Team PropelSteps
    As mentioned, she is only 3 years now and let her explore the subjects and be friendly with her once she is growing... all of the thing will happen normally but when you turn back you will find something has happened good..

All the best.

Role
    Mentor
    in my think, best age for determining the talent of your child 6-7 years old. In this age, a child shows your interest, you can convert their interest in their talent. Do you agree with my answer.

Role
    Student
    Your kid is just 3 years old. At this age the focus of the child should be to have lots of fun and to get opportunities to explore various activities. One's "talent", or "aptitude" as most psychologists refer to it, is reflected in life because of a person's early development and experience. The more activities and opportunities a person is exposed to, the higher his / her chances of revealing their aptitude.

Psychologists say that a person's aptitude is concertized by the age of 14. Till that age, one should not worry about finding out what aptitude the child has, rather, the focus should be to give as many opportunities to the person as possible so that whatever aptitude the person has gets reflected.

After age 14 one can go for aptitude test to understand the various aptitude combinations of the child, or as people usually refer to it, to see what is the talent of the child.

+ Reply to Post