Help required for my sister.
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Role
    Student

Hey, I have a sister who has finished her 10 standard. She likes biology, but she doesn't want to do medicine. She has interest in biotechnology Engineering. Can someone please tell me, if she needs biology to do biotechnology Engineering?

Role
    Other
    she can do biotechnology engineering with plus two science course.Vocational higher secondary plus two holders can do biotechnology engineering.

Role
    Mentor
    I suggest you, she can join B.Pharma Course, it will good for her. and Engineering is facing very competition now-a-days.

Role
    Student
    Most engineering colleges also provide a degree in biotechnology.So, yes she can pursue a degree in biotechnology after taking non-medical.

Role
    Organisation
    she can go for B. tech in biotechnology. if she choose biology in her 12+, that would help her. after graduation/ engineering she can choose clinical, clinical data management, as scientist. there are lot of scholarship available from govt also. biotechnology has good career if she has interest in research.

Role
    Mentor
    Absolutely, Biology would be a definite requirement to Biotechnology related job. Also give due importance to Chemistry. Most of the biotech/pharma job needs a good background in Chemistry as well.

Role
    Organisation
    yes she can do biology engineering after her ten plus two let her go by her choice and interest to be success in career.

Role
    Student
    Bio tech has so much future opportunities abroad. If plans for settling in abroad and doing MS you can take Bio-Technology. And some of the IITS have best Bio-Tech facilities.

Role
    Organisation
    Biotechnology and biology....whatever it is...science is mandate......though the entries was open but the knowledge of basic yet to open i thing...so let her complete +2 first....

Role
    Student
    Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) exam is a means to get admission into M.Tech courses of country's most prestigious colleges as positive GATE score is always considered by some PSUs for further lucrative employment options.

It is every Engineers dream in India for having a desire to crack the GATE exams and knock the doors of PSUs, IITs & IIMs but very few aspirants eventually succeed on a long run. Time-management and self management skills plays a vital role to prepare for such competitive exams.

Preparation cannot be stable and consistent unless you prepare a study plan from today. Analyze the focus areas of subjects as per your branch and the status of command you have on the subjects. If you are opting for GATE coaching then do take advice of your seniors and teachers as discussion and survey always helps in choosing the best coaching classes.

+ Reply to Post