What to do If CBSE school is not promoting from Class IX to X?
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Role
    Parent

Dear Sir/Madam

My daughter is studying in class IX of Sharda Sen Rajkiya Sarvodaya Kanya Vidyalaya, Block 20 in Trilokpuri, Delhi, The school has not promoted her in class Xth and detained her in class IXth due to her below average performance in the only One particular subject Mathematics ( given a result compartment in that subject and after given the compartment exam by my daughter, they are saying that she has got less marks, so can't promote her into class Xth) in examination 2011-2012.

I personally met with her class Teachers / Examination In-charge and requested to promote my daughter in Xth class to avoid negative impact and De-motivation / stress on the growing child, but she refused to promote her.

My daughter is under stress and would request you to let me know that any CBSE affiliated Govt. School can Detain/ Fail any student due to poor performance in one examination up to class IX as per CBSE guidelines ?

Is there any possibility to promote her into class under CBSE Guideline for Detention / CBSE Promotion Policy for Class IX Students under CCE 2011 - 2012 ??

Regards,
    Kumar
    [email protected]

Role
    Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kumars View Post
    Dear Sir/Madam

My daughter is studying in class IX of Sharda Sen Rajkiya Sarvodaya Kanya Vidyalaya, Block 20 in Trilokpuri, Delhi, The school has not promoted her in class Xth and detained her in class IXth due to her below average performance in the only One particular subject Mathematics ( given a result compartment in that subject and after given the compartment exam by my daughter, they are saying that she has got less marks, so can't promote her into class Xth) in examination 2011-2012.

I personally met with her class Teachers / Examination In-charge and requested to promote my daughter in Xth class to avoid negative impact and De-motivation / stress on the growing child, but she refused to promote her.

My daughter is under stress and would request you to let me know that any CBSE affiliated Govt. School can Detain/ Fail any student due to poor performance in one examination up to class IX as per CBSE guidelines ?

Is there any possibility to promote her into class under CBSE Guideline for Detention / CBSE Promotion Policy for Class IX Students under CCE 2011 - 2012 ??

Regards,
    Kumar
    [email protected]
    Hello,
    For your kind information i would like to tell you that as per my best knowledge and as per the rules by CBSE and the DIRECTORATE OF EDUCATION a school and especially a govt. school can not detain a child due to his/her average performance. If a student is getting passed with low marks too then she is eligible to get promoted to a new class. So, you should make pressure on the school authorities and for more information you can contact on CBSE helpline no. 1800-180-3456 and consult it with them.
    But i would like to advice you that please motivate you daughter also to do hardwork related to this subject as being the most important subject which play its role in almost every field.

+ Reply to Post