At what age a child is allowed to use a mobile phone?
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Role
    Parent

Mobile phones have become an integral part of my life. Some times when I am not there to pick up a call, instantly my kid picks it up and starts to communicate. This happens when I am careless in keeping the mobile phone before the eyes of my kid. I am little worried about radiation as it might have some effect on human body. So what is the appropriate age for a kid to use a mobile phone?

Thats true - Mobile phones have become an integral part of our lives.For kids, i guess by 9-10 it is okay to use a phone.Because there are many schools where they give Homework, results etc on the Mobile Apps of the Parents or Kids (If they own). Though, these phones do produce harmful radiations and it is better to keep really small kids away from it, but you should not get too caught up thinking about the radiations, as many kids use it , and too much use has effects, but once in a while picking up the call is okay (As mentioned by you.)

Role
    Student
    In my opinion, 13-14 age is okay to use a mobile phone. Small kids must be away from mobile phones to avoid health risks. Experts of health department says that teenagers and small children should use mobiles phones only in an emergencies. Even pregnant women keep your mobile phones away from your belly.

Role
    Other

Lightbulb

There is no predefined age to use mobile phone. But because of some health issues people refuse to give cell phones in hands of their kids. Since, Cell phones work by using radio waves, that radiation though not as strong as X-Ray may affect health, especially when children start using cell phone at very young age when their brains are still developing.

“In 2011, an international study showed no link between cell phone use and brain tumors in adolescents and teens. The researchers pointed out, though, that the people in that study didn't use their phones as much as people do today.”

So be careful while making any decision because it may affect the entire life of your child.

Role
    Other
    There is no predefined age to use mobile phone. But because of some health issues people refuse to give cell phones in hands of their kids. Since, Cell phones work by using radio waves, that radiation though not as strong as X-Ray may affect health, especially when children start using cell phone at very young age when their brains are still developing.

“In 2011, an international study showed no link between cell phone use and brain tumors in adolescents and teens. The researchers pointed out, though, that the people in that study didn't use their phones as much as people do today.”

So be careful while making any decision because it may affect the entire life of your child.

+ Reply to Post