Eligible for medical exam if biology passed under isolated subject scheme
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Role
    Student

,I am HSC passed student of 2011-12 batch of maharashtra state. In ssc i secured 95.81% marks and due to some reasons i took vocational subject electronics and continued it in hsc.I really wanted to be in medical field, but as biology was'nt my subject in hsc i was unable to give mhtcet2012.
    This is the past history. But the way out to this problem is that last week i heard of isolated subject scheme of maharashtra board which states that a candidate passed hsc can give hsc again but with subject which was not studied by him in hsc i.e isolated subject. So my question to you is that whether i am eligible for medical entrance 2013 if I pass biology under isolated subject scheme in hsc exam 2013.
    Presently i am studying in autonomous engineering college. whether this would be problem for my eligibility to give entrance?

Role
    Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by priyankaagrawal123456 View Post
    ,I am HSC passed student of 2011-12 batch of maharashtra state. In ssc i secured 95.81% marks and due to some reasons i took vocational subject electronics and continued it in hsc.I really wanted to be in medical field, but as biology was'nt my subject in hsc i was unable to give mhtcet2012.
    This is the past history. But the way out to this problem is that last week i heard of isolated subject scheme of maharashtra board which states that a candidate passed hsc can give hsc again but with subject which was not studied by him in hsc i.e isolated subject. So my question to you is that whether i am eligible for medical entrance 2013 if I pass biology under isolated subject scheme in hsc exam 2013.
    Presently i am studying in autonomous engineering college. whether this would be problem for my eligibility to give entrance?
    Yes, you are eligible for medical entrance exams with Biology as an isolated or additional subject.

Role
    Student
    Quote Originally Posted by counselor View Post
    Yes, you are eligible for medical entrance exams with Biology as an isolated or additional subject.
    on mci website under eligibility criteria for medical course is given as follows;

Admission to the Medical Course-Eligibility Criteria:

No Candidate shall be allowed to be admitted to the Medical Curriculum of first Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) Course until:

1. He/she shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December, of the year of admission to the MBBS course;
    2. He/she has passed qualifying examination as under:-

1. The higher secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subjects with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council for Educational Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 years educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on education;

Note: Where the course content is not as prescribed for 10+2 education structure of the National Committee, the candidates will have to undergo a period of one year pre-professional training before admission to the medical colleges;

or
    2. The intermediate examination in science of an Indian University/Board or other recognised examining body with Physics, Chemistry and Biology which shall include a practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject;
    or

3. The pre-professional/pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination, or the pre-university or an equivalent examination. The pre-professional/pre-medical examination shall include a practical test in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and also English as a compulsory subject;
    or

6. Any other examination which, in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical test in each of these subjects and English.

Note:

* The pre-medical course may be conducted either at Medical College or a Science College.
    * Marks obtained in Mathematics are not to be considered for admission to MBBS Course.
    * After the 10+2 course is introduced, the integrated courses should be abolished

what does 6thpoint means in intermediate science examination
    please reply

Role
    Student
    dear councillor, thanks for your reply but can you tell me how much the given answer is authentic? since the cbse help line numbers replied me as they said they dont have information about this.please reply about this because i am not able to concentrate over my studies as neet exams eligibility criterion did not explained about additional subject students......

+ Reply to Post