Do I need give CPT after passing B.Com with 70%?
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Role
    Parent

Notification No. 1- CA(7)/145/2012, dated 23rd February, 1012, whereby draft regulations to amend the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988, are published.

Sir, by the said Notification, it is proposed to exempt the process of CPT to the student securing more than 55% marks in the B. Com. or equivalent course examination.

My son has passed B. Com. Examination securing/scoring 70.04% marks in the Exam. held in May, 2012. Sir whether he will be required to appear for CPT or Exemption will be available for him ?
    Hari Om/=

Role
    Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dhengle View Post
    Notification No. 1- CA(7)/145/2012, dated 23rd February, 1012, whereby draft regulations to amend the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988, are published.

Sir, by the said Notification, it is proposed to exempt the process of CPT to the student securing more than 55% marks in the B. Com. or equivalent course examination.

My son has passed B. Com. Examination securing/scoring 70.04% marks in the Exam. held in May, 2012. Sir whether he will be required to appear for CPT or Exemption will be available for him ?
    Hari Om/=
    Your son is exempted from appearing in the CPT exam. Recently, The Central Council has approved the new announcement of allowing a Graduate student (B.com, B.Sc., BBA,etc) to directly join the IPCC course without writing CA-CPT Exam. The council announced that the eligibility criteria for the graduates to write IPCC directly is as under:

1. In case of a Commerce Graduate – 55%
    2. In case of a Non-Commerce Graduate – 60%

+ Reply to Post