Can I appear for IPS this year being a 30 yrs old?
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Role
    Other

dear sir/madam,

I wanted to clarify if i can appear for ips examination this year or not and what are the formalities to appear in this exam. Right now i am 30 yrs old and would complete 31 in october 2013. Can i still fill form for the ips? Please do let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks and Best regards,
    Pooja Sharma

Role
    Student
    no you cannot.
    A general category candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August 2013

The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable:

(i) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.

(ii) upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.

(iii) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.

(iv) upto a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof:

(v) upto a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2006 and have been released (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August, 2006) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or (ii) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or (iii) on invalidment.

(vi) upto a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2006 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three month's notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.

(vii) upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons.

Role
    Student
    Hey, I think as per the new updates by UPSC You can appear for the examination.

As per this times of India

Candidates from the general category will now be entitled to six attempts till the maximum age limit of 32 years, while SC and ST candidates will have unlimited attempts till the age of 37. OBC candidates will get nine attempts till the age of 35 years.

Role
    Student
    Candidate belongs to Gen. cat. can attempt exam till 32 years age, SC, ST candidate can apply till 37 of age can apply. To know more visit UPSC’s online site.

what are the eligibility criteria for general woman to apply for IPS? My height is 165 cms am i eligible for IPS? If yes then how should i prepare for it?

Role
    Student
    As per the statement of times of India I feels like you are eligible for this exam. For better guidance i think you should check out UPSC online, which can be a better option for you.

+ Reply to Post