Procedure and eligibility for making my career in biochemistry
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Role
    Student

i am in class XI, i would like to make a career in biochemistry. hence, would like to know if there is any entrance exam, colleges in mumbai, duration for this course and the prospects.

Role
    Student
    Are you interested to join the B.sc., or B.E or B.Tech?.There is no entrance available in B.sc(Biochemistry).

Role
    Other
    Quote Originally Posted by devanshishah View Post
    i am in class XI, i would like to make a career in biochemistry. hence, would like to know if there is any entrance exam, colleges in mumbai, duration for this course and the prospects.
    Devanshishah, for graduation in Biochemistry in India you need not to appear for any entrance examination as I know. You need to go with science in +2/equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Maths for future career in Biochemistry. Although some universities do offer biochemistry during graduation, post graduation really establishes you as a biochemist. MSc Biochemistry is offered in more than forty universities. You can opt for a Junior Research Fellowship after MSc by appearing for the UGCCSIR JRF/NET exam. This could lead to a lectureship and a career in research and development, consulting or allied work. Some medical colleges may offer MD Biochemistry open to MBBS graduates. Central Drug Research Institute, Industrial Toxicological Research Institute, National Botanical Research Institute, etc would offer scope for advanced studies and research.

Read more at: http://www.icbse.com/careers/career-in-biochemistry or http://www.indiaeducation.net/career.../biochemistry/

In Mumbai University Of Mumbai offers Courses for B.Sc in Biochemistry having a duration of 3Yrs with a eligibility of 10+2 with PCB. You should go and check other details either on the official site of the college or face to face with the concerned department authority in the college campus.

As career prospective it has a huge demand specially in UK and US. So if you are capable try to study there and if not so then try to get a job of this field there in future. You may visit this link to know more in details http://www.prospects.ac.uk/options_biochemistry.htm

hi,
    i want to know the syllabus and admission procedure of Ph.d in chemistry. am doing M.sc with Chemistry with 60% and now am preparing for Ph.dEntrance Exam So plz suggest me top universities name and admission procedure And also fee detail.

Role
    Student
    Carier in BIOCHEMISTRY is a nice decesion its a upcoming neady and most important field in future.
    The person taking this line is sure will have a good job in future.....

Role
    Student
    To make a career in Biochemistry you should prepare for IIT JEE first after clearing the exam you can get admission in your desired course in any top college in the country.

+ Reply to Post