How to utilize one year gap for improvement exam?
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Role
    Student

Sir/madam
    I have just cleared my compartment of class xii cbse and result declared is pass. But due to my low marks in PCM i want to sit in improvement exam.But sir I have heard that generally private companies do not offer jobs if they find any gap of year or years in one candidate carrier till he or she joins up the company. Though this fact depends upon the mind of owners of the company yet to fill up the criteria for future i want do B.Sc. just to show that i kept myself busy in the meantime.Now I want to do B.Sc. just to show to the companies whereas i am sure to join engineering next year after giving improvement exam. Now one of my two questions is that-
    1.Will i be able to fill up the criteria of showing the companies that i kept myself busy or they will not accept my documents telling that i have not utilized one mean year or can i also show this criteria by taking coaching for IIT-JEE/ISEET or by taking any one year computer class instead of doing B.Sc.!!
    2.My another question is that if i do B.Sc. for one year till i get my next year's improvement exam result and will my cbse migration certificate be taken by the college/university under which i do B.Sc. If it is then after the migration certificate is accepted will i be able to give improvement exam of cbse class xii for 2013.

Role
    Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ruchiepawankashyap View Post
    Sir/madam
    I have just cleared my compartment of class xii cbse and result declared is pass. But due to my low marks in PCM i want to sit in improvement exam.But sir I have heard that generally private companies do not offer jobs if they find any gap of year or years in one candidate carrier till he or she joins up the company. Though this fact depends upon the mind of owners of the company yet to fill up the criteria for future i want do B.Sc. just to show that i kept myself busy in the meantime.Now I want to do B.Sc. just to show to the companies whereas i am sure to join engineering next year after giving improvement exam. Now one of my two questions is that-
    1.Will i be able to fill up the criteria of showing the companies that i kept myself busy or they will not accept my documents telling that i have not utilized one mean year or can i also show this criteria by taking coaching for IIT-JEE/ISEET or by taking any one year computer class instead of doing B.Sc.!!
    2.My another question is that if i do B.Sc. for one year till i get my next year's improvement exam result and will my cbse migration certificate be taken by the college/university under which i do B.Sc. If it is then after the migration certificate is accepted will i be able to give improvement exam of cbse class xii for 2013.
    Hello,
    I would like you to read this very carefully and do not create mess in your mind by listening to rumors and avoid confusion in your mind. See,if you have planned or planning to miss a year then you should use it wisely and do not waste your time in any computer course or doing B.Sc which at last you have to leave because that is sheer waste of time thats it. So, there's no use of doing anything like this.
    Now your point that whether it will be problem in your career then forget it as today's time is very much changed and company officials also know that students do drop their year to get better opportunity. Once you get admitted to a good college and passed out with a great percentage then no one will even bother about it. And if asked then you can simply say that i dropped as due to some reasons i did not got good marks but then did my hardwork and scored well. So you just have to prove yourself and do not waste time in doing these courses.

2.Yes migraton certificate is with the university you take admission in and after migration certificate it will be a problem for CBSE too.

So just calm down and do your hardwork.

+ Reply to Post