Re-appearing in 12th as a private student with different subject(s)
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Role
    Parent

Sir, my son failed in Computer Science (written exam) in CBSE' 2012 Science with PCM. He did not opt for compartment exams. Now he wants to re- appear as a private candidate in CBSE' 2013 exams with 'Engg. Drawing' as an optional subject. Is it possible? I am not clear because I read your reply to an approximately similar question of a candidate, in which you have told that-
    1. "Private candidates shall not be allowed to offer for their examination, a subject (even if the subject is recognised for the examination) which is not being taught in an affiliated School."
    2. "Private candidates shall not be allowed to offer such subjects for the examination which involve practical work except in the case of candidates who had failed earlier and who had put in a regular course of study at an institution affiliated to the Board in the previous academic year. However notwithstanding this condition, female candidates may offer Home Science with practical."
    Thanks & Regards.

Role
    Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vimalratans View Post
    Sir, my son failed in Computer Science (written exam) in CBSE' 2012 Science with PCM. He did not opt for compartment exams. Now he wants to re- appear as a private candidate in CBSE' 2013 exams with 'Engg. Drawing' as an optional subject. Is it possible? I am not clear because I read your reply to an approximately similar question of a candidate, in which you have told that-
    1. "Private candidates shall not be allowed to offer for their examination, a subject (even if the subject is recognised for the examination) which is not being taught in an affiliated School."
    2. "Private candidates shall not be allowed to offer such subjects for the examination which involve practical work except in the case of candidates who had failed earlier and who had put in a regular course of study at an institution affiliated to the Board in the previous academic year. However notwithstanding this condition, female candidates may offer Home Science with practical."
    Thanks & Regards.
    Hello,
    I would like to tell you that what you read and learnt is truly accurate as these are the statements officially said by CBSE itself.Hence,there's no queston of doubt in this and i am afraid to tell you that yes you can not opt for a subject like this in as a private candidate.Or, you can see this link for more information http://www.icbse.com/exams/private-candidate

+ Reply to Post