Change subject after failing in Class 12 Compartment exam
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Role
    Student

My daughter appeared for Maths compartment exam in July 12 but failed. Now, can she opt a different subject i.e. Hindi instead of Maths, as a CBSE private candidate. I heard that a girl candidate can opt for a addl. subject i.e. Home Science. {She has not studied home science or hindi in her regular classes in the school.}
    If she again failed in Maths & cleared the addl. subject i.e. Home Science or Hindi. Whether she would be consdered as a pass candidate ? If Yes, kindly clarify, the marked would be for "the aggregate of four subjects which she has already cleared + the addl. one i.e. Home Science or Hindi".

She is now very scared of Maths & lost her confidence to clear maths exam.

Kindly advise ...
    Best regards

Role
    Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ritusuyal View Post
    My daughter appeared for Maths compartment exam in July 12 but failed. Now, can she opt a different subject i.e. Hindi instead of Maths, as a CBSE private candidate. I heard that a girl candidate can opt for a addl. subject i.e. Home Science. {She has not studied home science or hindi in her regular classes in the school.}
    If she again failed in Maths & cleared the addl. subject i.e. Home Science or Hindi. Whether she would be consdered as a pass candidate ? If Yes, kindly clarify, the marked would be for "the aggregate of four subjects which she has already cleared + the addl. one i.e. Home Science or Hindi".

She is now very scared of Maths & lost her confidence to clear maths exam.

Kindly advise ...
    Best regards
    Hello,
    Regarding this matter i would like to suggest you that a main stream subject can not be switched with the additional subject ever.But yes it can be otped if you want to opt a additional subject as CBSE has some different preocedure for girls. The rules are given as:

1.Private candidates shall not be allowed to offer for their examination, a subject (even if the subject is recognised for the examination) which is not being taught in an affiliated School.

2.Private candidates shall not be allowed to offer such subjects for the examination which involve practical work except in the case of candidates who had failed earlier and who had put in a regular course of study at an institution affiliated to the Board in the previous academic year. However notwithstanding this condition, female candidates may offer Home Science with practical.

For more inormation you can either contact CBSE helpline no. or check this link. http://www.cbse.nic.in/faq/private_candidate.htm

Role
    Student
    How doe this work?
    I took Physics, Chemistry & Biology as my major subjects & Math was my optional subject. I got compartment in Math, I won't be able to clear Math as I lost all my confidence. If I take an additional subject how will my progress card be printed? Which subjects can I take as an additional subject?
    Please reply soon.

+ Reply to Post