Which job is better - IT Networking or Call Center/BPO jobs for me?
+ Ask a Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Discussion Title:

Role
    Student

I am 37 yo single unamrried man from India. I live with my parents and am jobless at present and I am confused to join a job offer by one of my relatives(my brother-in-law) in another city ,where he is partner in the business( a private firm dealing with medicines) where I used to work as a Medical Representative and left it 3 yrs back.
    Should I continue my ccna course(i have already passed my first paper of ccna i.e. icnd1) now preparing for icnd2. Should I continue or leave the studies and join work in my brother-in-law's office in Mumbai?
    Can I make a good career after passing ccna or I should try some other jobs? I am in a hurry to get married fast and i see ccna as a very learning oriented path where I have to focus on learning and learning new networking technologies. I dont know why but i feel very bad without sex as i never had any girlfriends and i cant marry either but I always have sexual feelings towards opp gender. I cant control it. Does it indicate that I am in no mood to study and get settle down fast? Prob is if i leave my city of Kolkata where I live and where i get everything done my by my parents ,in Mumbai maybe I will face immense hardships as I have to all my work on my own (like cleaning clothes, giving them to laundry, or drying them under sun,then arranging food...hope u all understand).I have o friends who an guide me so i turn to this forum for some mentoring. Please please advice me

Please someone advice me what is best for me to do?

Hi

Let's take your problems - one at a time.

JOB: In terms of taking up a job, you are already quite late. You have to accept this fact. The ideal thing is to pick up the first available job opportunity and to strive to excel in that so that you can see yourself gaining a stability in a couple of years. Even after doing CCNA, I believe, by the time you will be ready for the job, another year or a couple would have been spent. Job market anyway is not good. Who knows what the situation will be after a couple of years?

Marriage: Do you think you are financially ready for marriage? If yes, go ahead - who's stopping?

Sex: It's natural rather I would say you are a bit late on that note. If you are feeling attracted toward opp. sex, I would say it's normal. However, it doesn't indicate that you are deviating from your path.

The problem is your confusion. I don't know why you are 37 and still jobless, however, it's high time that you start thinking hard towards it. It won't take much time to reach 47 or 57...Decide quickly and start working.

Vaibhav

Role
    Student
    But Sir,
    Can you plz tell if i should go for IT networking or Medical Rep jobs?Which will be better for me? Actually I have a bil who works as Manager in a pharma company who can help me get a job in Sales .But will sales be good which i already left some 3 yrs back or Networking will be better?

In my view, IT is good option. You are in late 30's because of which you will face a bit sadness when you will start on low salary. But there is a huge gain as soon as you will have even 6 months exp.

Role
    Student
    But Sir ,
    who will give me the job in IT?
    Will you give me the job? gathering the exp is difficult part plus at this age i will feel depressed to start at this low salary :-(

You have to start with low salary and have to mentally prepare for that. Your problem will be of only for 6 to 7 months. Gain as much knowledge as you can and then you have a good salary..

Role
    Student
    Sir
    I already got a job offer in Mumbai for a salary of 20,000 in my brother-in-law's office.Should I join or not?

Networking is a stable job from last 10 yrs. but in BPO you don't need any technical skills and there are very low qualification people in this field because their English is good but in networking field you need good qualification with experience but job stability is much better and competition is lower than BPO industry.

Role
    Organisation
    first of all in which field do you have experience as you know in BPO industry has no future i.e no job stable but in networking job you will get technical people & had less competition in your networking side

Role
    Other
    I agree, BPO/Call Center jobs have no future. One can not grow in this industry as the work is monotonous and no opportunities to learn something new.
    Instead of that IT is a booming sectors provides ample of opportunities with great salary packages. It is grwoing industries where students get things to explore, you may also get an opportunity to work abroad.

+ Reply to Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast