Which to choose for myself - Business (Pharma Stockist) or Job after MBA?
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Role
    Student

Hi
    I am very confused what to do now.I have done BSc (Pure Science) and MBA(Marketing) in distance mode from SMU. I have some options but I cant decide which path to choose? I am already in my career. I am 37 yrs old single man and I am presently jobless for last 3 years. I was earlier working as medical representative in a pharma company under my brother-in-law but i left job in 2010. now i requested my sister and then my bro-in-law is willing to give me a job in his office in Mumbai as a logistics executive.(i dont know what job it will be but it is not that imp as it will be headed by one logistics head)
    Presently I am also pursuing ccna and completed my ccent.
    Now again my sister is offering me to start a pharma stockist business in the house where we live . My bro-in-law will invest in the whole money and I,my mother's brother(not his real brother but in relationship a brother) and another guy who is a distance relative of ours will be the partners in the business. The profit will be shared equally among the four of us.
    Problem is we have a two-storied home and the proposed business is being suggested in the ground floor(we live in the first floor) and that ground floor is already rented for business and we get 8000 rupees rent for that.
    I'm confused with all these options. What to do?
    Should I join his office as Logistics Executive and live my home in Kolkata and shift to some rented shared room with almost no facilities like my home? The salary initially will be maximum 21000 rupees in a city like Mumbai but surely it will increase every year as increments.
    Or should I stay back at my home in Kolkata and and start the Pharma Stockist business ?
    Or should I complete my ccna and look for jobs on my own?(the center-head of the institute where I am doing the course from ,has assured me of helping to get a job).

Thanks in advance
    Best Regards

Role
    Student
    I forgot to mention that I dont have good relations with either my sister & brother-in-law or with my parents.

Role
    Student
    Don't get into family favor. One of the norm in Business industry is never do it with family members as it always puts unnecessary emotional pressure. You are better of doing a job in Mumbai rather than taking family favor and getting into family business.

Complete CCNA and look for jobs

Role
    Student
    Quote Originally Posted by asmaqui View Post
    Don't get into family favor. One of the norm in Business industry is never do it with family members as it always puts unnecessary emotional pressure. You are better of doing a job in Mumbai rather than taking family favor and getting into family business.

Complete CCNA and look for jobs
    But can I get a good networking job at this age?
    Will it not be very hard to get established in networking at this age?

Role
    Student
    My brother is a CCNA professional and was working in Radio mantra some years back then he went back to his Electronics and comm. field and was a manager in a telecom company but after the A raja case, there was a huge decline in the Networking and telecom jobs.
    So don't think CCNA is a cure all for your problems rather I would suggest you focus on your management skills and find a relevant job related to your MBA profile, yes a technical+MBA job something like a network manager etc.

Role
    Student
    I think you should concentrate on study first. After M.B.A you can work with some great M.N.C’s. That will be the right option for you.

+ Reply to Post