Is Online MBA better than doing it through a regular college or university?
+ Ask a Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Discussion Title:

Role
    Student

Hi everyone,

I am currently working in a Bank, I was planing to complete my MBA but hardly get any time off the job. Need suggestions on doing MBA online or is it better I quit job for a while and invest two years doing it from University.

Thanks for you feedback.

If you are working, then you can join the distance education course. It will benefit you a lot. You will have post graduate degree with the experience.

These days many people doing online MBA with their job and this is much better than regular MBA because many people are unemployed even after regular MBA degree.

Role
    Organisation
    For working professionals, online or distance learning is an option,.. if possible executive MBA can be pursued also which has weekend classes

Role
    Organisation
    I think if you are doing job then going for MBA from distance education is the best way for you, because as if u leave your job and go for MBA then you might get some salary hike but not experience, but in case of distance education you can even do your job along with your MBA by which when your MBA will complete you have 2 years of experience also, i thinks which will be much more helpful.

Role
    Student
    Regular MBA is worth than Distance MBA. As Distance MBA is preferable for working professionals. Regualr MBA could yeild lot of opportunities into corporate world.

Role
    Student
    Yes distance education programs from a recognized college like IIM will highly benefit your chances of a promotion in job, online courses are not that relevant and recognized.

Role
    Mentor
    Since you are working in a Bank doing a regular MBA is not possible for you. Choose a best college offering distance courses or online courses where you can apply and their is market reputation of the degree awarded by that college.

Role
    Other
    – If you are working, it is better to join executive MBA from good university. It’ll save cost of MBA and at the same time E-MBA is developed to meet up the needs of working professional only.
    There are many colleges like – Symbiosis, IGNOU, and Sikkim Manipal where you can pursue eMBA while working with organization.

Role
    Student
    Distance MBA is better for working professionals & regular MBA if are doing nothing else other than want to do MBA.

But, if you manage to get work experience and MBA degree, it does have a very good impact in your career.

Also, there are some certification courses such as certification courses in finance, investment banking courses which add a valuable knowledge and thereby increasing employability and relevance to the industry at large.

+ Reply to Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast