Will Improvement exam marks be eligible for IIT-JEE? 2014
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Will Improvement exam marks be eligible for IIT-JEE?

Role
    Student

Will Improvement exam marks be eligible for IIT-JEE?

Sir,
    i passed 12th in cbse form chennai region in 2012 ,i got 62% . i want to give improvment exam in mpc subject .
    sir if i obtain less marks by improvment exam in any one subject which marks will be applicable (present or marks obtain in improvment) in iit jee 2013 exam.

Role
    Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ratandeo View Post
    Sir,
    i passed 12th in cbse form chennai region in 2012 ,i got 62% . i want to give improvment exam in mpc subject .
    sir if i obtain less marks by improvment exam in any one subject which marks will be applicable (present or marks obtain in improvment) in iit jee 2013 exam.
    Hello,
    Yes, for sure you can give your improvement exam and for your kind information i would like to tell you that the marks which are more are always counted whether it would be your previous one or the improved one. And, yes the new and improved marksheet will be coming to you and yes that score is applicable in IIT-JEE if you have showed that one while filling up your forms.

Role
    Student
    Quote Originally Posted by rthakur View Post
    Hello,
    Yes, for sure you can give your improvement exam and for your kind information i would like to tell you that the marks which are more are always counted whether it would be your previous one or the improved one. And, yes the new and improved marksheet will be coming to you and yes that score is applicable in IIT-JEE if you have showed that one while filling up your forms.
    thanks sir.
    one more suspense is that at the time of filling iseet 2013 form what is eligiblity criteria for me ( as a passout or as a appering student of 12th exam or as a improvment candidate for2013) ???? cleared me plz....

Role
    Supporter
    thanks sir.
    one more suspense is that at the time of filling iseet 2013 form what is eligiblity criteria for me ( as a passout or as a appering student of 12th exam or as a improvment candidate for2013) ???? cleared me plz....
    Hello,
    I would like to tell you that you will be considered as a pass out only. As after giving exam of improvement your are only considered as a same year pass out only. So, enjoy dear and have fun in IIT's.

Role
    Student
    Quote Originally Posted by rthakur View Post
    Hello,
    I would like to tell you that you will be considered as a pass out only. As after giving exam of improvement your are only considered as a same year pass out only. So, enjoy dear and have fun in IIT's.
    sir i want to know that my friend have failed in examination so he can give improvement exam or not...? and he will be considered as private or regular student??

Role
    Supporter
    sir i want to know that my friend have failed in examination so he can give improvement exam or not...? and he will be considered as private or regular student??
    Hello,
    First i would clear you that if a student is fail in the examination then in any case he can not sit for the improvement exam as this is only meant for improving the marks. However, if by chance he failed then he can appear for the compartment exam only for which CBSE allows 5 chances for the students. Then, after clearing the exams your friend can easily fill up the forms.

Role
    Student
    Is there any demerite of giving improvemnet exam .
    Sir plzz tell me .
    I think i m unable to get in top 20 percentile thid year .
    Upto my campus placement is there any problem tha i m facein due to improvement exam marksheet .
    Plzz answer the query

Role
    Student
    hey
    In respect of those students who passed their Board exam for the first time in 2012, the eligibility criteria for joining any of the IITs or ISM Dhanbad will be 60% marks in their 12th Board or equivalent (55% for SC/ST/PwD candidates). For those candidates who appear in their Board exams for the first time in 2013, the eligibility criteria will remain ‘top 20 percentile of the successful candidates’ in their Boards, category-wise. This will be a one-time exception for JEE (Advanced) 2013 only.

Role
    Student
    I m going to drop this year for prepration of jee mains 2014
    next year also as 40 percen weightage to boards also
    so board exams affect my rank in jee mains
    can i give improvement for all the 5 subjects
    is there any wrost effect due to this in my career ..

Role
    Student
    I m going to drop this year for prepration of jee mains 2014
    next year also as 40 percen weightage to boards also
    so board exams affect my rank in jee mains
    can i give improvement for all the 5 subjects
    is there any wrost effect due to this in my career ..

+ Reply to Post