Is it wise decision to pursue a diploma in engineering at this age of 37?
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Role
    Student

I am 37 yo unmarried man living with parents.I belong from Kolkata,India. I used to work as a pharma salesman but now I left the job for last 3 yrs. I am presently not working anywhere. I also have a job offer from my relative in another city for the post of Distribution Executive with annual salary of around 2.75 lakhs.
    What should I do ? Should I join the job or polytechnic and get a job in engineering which i feel interested to? In fact I did science study and did BSc in Pure Science (PCM) and dreamt of becoming an engineer.
    Which option to choose- job or diploma engineering studies?

Role
    Mentor
    It would be better you pursue your education part-time / weekend. As you are working, no need to leave your job and study full time, which may be a tough one since u had a long break of studies.

All the best for your future

Role
    Other

Smile

As said by Propelsteps its better you pursue part-time / weekend Certification Programs. But before you do that you can broaden your knowledge by reading/listening to different tutorials on internet.

All the best!

Role
    Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Propelsteps View Post
    It would be better you pursue your education part-time / weekend. As you are working, no need to leave your job and study full time, which may be a tough one since u had a long break of studies.

All the best for your future
    Hello propelsteps,
    have you read my post ? I said I left my job and presently jobless! why do you people make a fun of me by just answering for the sake of answering? i think you dont even know or understand what you are writing! bull****

Role
    Student
    Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) exam is a means to get admission into M.Tech courses of country's most prestigious colleges as positive GATE score is always considered by some PSUs for further lucrative employment options.

It is every Engineers dream in India for having a desire to crack the GATE exams and knock the doors of PSUs, IITs & IIMs but very few aspirants eventually succeed on a long run. Time-management and self management skills plays a vital role to prepare for such competitive exams.

Preparation cannot be stable and consistent unless you prepare a study plan from today. Analyze the focus areas of subjects as per your branch and the status of command you have on the subjects. If you are opting for GATE coaching then do take advice of your seniors and teachers as discussion and survey always helps in choosing the best coaching classes.

+ Reply to Post