How to encourage my child to study during exams?
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

My son is appearing for his Class 10 CCE (continuous and comprehensive evaluation) this year. I am not sure what my duties are as a parent to help my child prepare. A lot of parents avoid going out for dinners or completely forbid watching TV and spending time on the computer. Is that advisable?

Role
    Supporter
    As a parent, you can support and help your child through this process. Don't blacklist activities your child enjoys, like watching TV, playing games, etc.
    Don't avoid going out for dinners. This would be a good break from his monotonous schedule and he would get to spend some time with the family. This can help rejuvenate him and improve his concentration.

Encourage sleep patterns and some form of regular exercise. Make sure that he has a healthy, balanced diet. Avoid nagging. Gentle reminders are welcome from time to time. It is crucial to provide him a positive and empathetic emotional environment, which parents often forget.

Highlight your child's strengths. Encourage a dialogue to move ahead from past challenges. Have realistic expectations from your child according to his capabilities and interests.

Acknowledge that it is normal to be supersensitive and impulsive from time to time. Try to spend at least 30-45 minutes with your child daily where you can indulge in pleasant humoured talk.

Role
    Other
    would be wise to find out if the child is indeed having some difficulty in specific subjects and need help. Many kids avoid these problems thinking these problems will resolve themselves. Sometimes having a good tutor itself will help the child to focus better on studies.

Role
    Organisation
    Quote Originally Posted by manjeet View Post
    My son is appearing for his Class 10 CCE (continuous and comprehensive evaluation) this year. I am not sure what my duties are as a parent to help my child prepare. A lot of parents avoid going out for dinners or completely forbid watching TV and spending time on the computer. Is that advisable?
    HI,

Every one having these type of concerns now a days. We are the home tutor providers we can give the qualified and verified tutors.
    Please contact us Aimuno.com

Role
    Organisation
    HI,

We are providing qualified and verified home tutors.Please contact us on Aimuno.com

Aimuno com helps you find best near by home tutors online We will help you find best private home tutors online for class 1 12 in your nearby locality

Role
    Parent
    HI,

As every parent will think about that i hope i can tell you one thing put some good home tutor for your child that might be helpful.

Even i have regestered on Aimuno.com they are providing good home tutors.

+ Reply to Post