MA Program in International Economics & Cultural Diplomacy
The Degree is offered by the Babes-Bolyai University in partnership with the Academy for Cultural Diplomacy
(Berlin; Start: Fall Semester - Berlin, October 1st, 2014)
The MA Degree in International Economics & Cultural Diplomacy is offered by the Babes-Bolyai University in partnership with the Academy for Cultural Diplomacy.
The program consists of 120 ECTS credits in total and has duration of four semesters, which take place in Berlin, Germany and Cluj, Romania. The first two semesters of the program are hosted by the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy in Berlin and the third and the forth semesters are hosted by the Babes-Bolyai University.
The degree focuses on several academic disciplines related to International Relations, International Economics, and Global Politics, with a particular emphasis on cultural diplomacy and its historical and contemporary application in the public sector, private sector and civil society. The degree prepares students for careers in diverse fields, such as the field of international relations, the humanities, business, the financial sector, politics and culture, with a special focus on Cultural Diplomacy institutions and the application of Cultural Diplomacy in the framework of foreign policy and international economics.
Benefits of the Program
• The program offers students a core curriculum in international relations and international business education, preparing the future leaders of tomorrow for the leadership, marketing, and strategic skills they will need to build careers in economics or business.
• Students will have access to an expert Faculty with experience in international economics and diplomacy, and will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to thrive in a changing global order.
• Students will obtain an expertise in Cultural Diplomacy, currently an underutilized but increasingly significant business and international relations tool.
• The curriculum and Faculty prepare graduates for careers in academia, economic governance, advocacy, international relations and all branches of the international private sector.
• Students will be uniquely situated to create and implement their own programs of Corporate Cultural Diplomacy.
• The program will allow students to study with distinguished and renowned faculties from around the world, enabling contacts with experts in organizations affiliated with international business and economics.
• Students of this program will be significantly advantaged in the economics arena compared to students who simply obtain an MA in International Economics or International Affairs.
• During the “Professional Training” semester of the MA, students will be able to create and implement their own programs of Cultural Diplomacy.
• Graduates will discover that the curriculum and faculty prepare them for evolving careers in academia, business, finance, and all public and private international sectors.
The Master’s Degree is awarded by Babeş-Bolyai University, which is recognized as a fully accredited institution of higher education with the right to award university degrees. Babeş-Bolyai University is part of the Bologna Process set in place by the European Commission, and uses the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) to award degrees. Credits obtained through our MA program are equivalent to those of courses at universities in all other 30+ signatory countries.
Scholarships, equaling up to 10% deduction of tuition costs are available for students based on educational excellence and/ or financial need. Although each scholarship request will be evaluated on an individual basis, students are expected to have an above-average grade point of 4.5 (of 5.0) in order to qualify for a grant. The Financial Aid application is a two-step process; Students interested in applying for a scholarship are required to submit their initial aid application request as soon as they have formally applied to the program, completed the first step of the application, and have been accepted into the program. Scholarships are then determined for the second and 4th semesters.
Dates & Deadlines:
The deadline for summer semester admissions is April 15th, 2014. Students who have submitted their applications in full by April 15th, 2014 will be eligible for an interview. Applicants will be notified of the admission committee's decision within a period of 7 days following the interview.
* Current undergraduate students (who are due to graduate in the summer of 2014 towards fall enrolment) are able to submit an application and participate in the pre-enrollment process, by submitting a confirmation of their current studies and their transcripts.
The required tuition fee for the MA in International Economics and Cultural Diplomacy is 12,000 Euros for the full program (6,000 Euros per Academic Year).
For further enquiries please contact us at: [email protected]