Online MA Program in International Relations & Cultural Diplomacy
The Degree is offered by The International Telematic University UNINETTUNO in partnership with the Academy for Cultural Diplomacy.
(Berlin; Start: Summer Semester - Berlin, June 8th - August 15th, 2014; Fall Semester October 01st - December 19th, 2014)
Operating under a joint partnership, The International Telematic University UNINETTUNO and the Academy for Cultural Diplomacy are the first institutions to offer a Master of Arts degree program that will educate students from around the world in several academic disciplines related to International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy.
The Online MA Program in International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy is four semesters in duration and consists of an overall total of 120 ECTS credits. The curriculum is designed to include a mixture of video-lessons, seminars, exercises, conferences, as well as tutoring and research activities. The Online MA is divided into sixteen modules comprising both mandatory and elected subjects. For each module, a coordinator, a professor (communicating via video-lectures), and a tutorial professor (communicating interactively via the web-platform and other medium) is provided to students in order to teach each subject in a thorough and comprehensive manner. The students play an active role in their studies and interact with all of the above listed individuals due to the flexible and interactive nature of studying online. In the course of their studies, the students receive guidance via an online tutoring system, which equips them with the necessary tools for successful studies.
The use of a WEB macro-area platform known as the Didactic Cyberspace is available for all students. The Didactic Cyberspace platform aids individual learning and development as students can access useful and important information simultaneously via a single platform. The platform is for Professors, Tutors and Students and consists of three sections:
• Materials, which constitute the course contents
• Distance Tutoring
• The virtual classroom, known as the Island of Knowledge on Second Life
Main Benefits of the Program
The main benefits of the Online MA program are:
• The program offers students a core curriculum of International Relations, which will prepare the student for a vast array of career opportunities across the world.
• Students will have access to an expert faculty with experience in international politics and diplomacy, and will acquire the knowledge and skills needed to work in a complex global order.
• Students will obtain an expertise in cultural diplomacy which is currently a rare yet rapidly increasing and important field within the public sector, private sector and civil society.
Students of this program will be significantly advantaged in the political arena against students who simply obtain an MA in international relations.
• During the "Professional Training" semester of the MA students will be able to create and implement their own programs of cultural diplomacy and experience how the knowledge they have gained can be effectively applied in the professional world. This also provides the relevant professional experience and contacts that can assist students in preparing for their future careers.
• Graduates will discover that the curriculum and faculty prepare them for evolving careers in academia and all public and private international sectors.
• Access to all ICD events and programs around the world, providing students with access to prominent experts in the field.
The Master's Degree is awarded by The International Telematic University UNINETTUNO, which is recognized as a fully accredited institution of higher education with the right to award university degrees.
The International Telematic University UNINETTUNO is part of the Bologna Process set in place by the European Commission, and uses the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) to award degrees. Credits obtained through our MA program are equivalent to those of courses at universities in all other 30+ signatory countries. Students will earn 30 credits per semester during the MA program, a total of 120 credits upon completion.
Dates & Deadlines:
The deadline for summer semester admissions is April 15th, 2014. Students who have submitted their applications in full by April 15th, 2014 will be eligible for an interview. Applicants will be notified of the admission committee's decision within a period of 7 days following the interview.
* Current undergraduate students (who are due to graduate in the summer of 2014 towards fall admissions) are able to submit an application and participate in the pre-enrollment process, by submitting a confirmation of their current studies and their transcripts.
The required tuition fee for the Online MA in International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy is €12,000 for the full program (€6,000 per academic Year).
Scholarships & Financial Aid
Scholarships, equaling up to 50% deduction of tuition costs are available for students based on educational excellence and/ or financial need. Although each scholarship request will be evaluated on an individual basis, students are expected to have an above-average grade point of 4.5 (of 5.0) in order to qualify for a grant. The Financial Aid application is a two-step process; Students interested in applying for a scholarship are required to submit their initial aid application request as soon as they have formally applied to the program, completed the first step of the application, and have been accepted into the program.
Scholarships are then determined for the third semester.
For further enquiries please contact us at: [email protected]