Will there be any language problem in south Indian universities?
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Role
    Student

Hi am from kolkata,west Bengal.I want to persue my mtech in gitam university,Visakhapatnam..but since this university is in south india,there may be a strong influence of local language of andhra pradesh.I pursued my btech from anna university,chennai.I found there a strong influence of tamil..even lectures were sometimes given in tamil.Somehow i completed my degree.GITAM university is a deemed university and its rank is also good.So there will be north Indian students studying there or not?or the same suffering of language problem i have to face?please help me in this regard..Seriously thinking about this issue.

Role
    Student
    I think, there is no any problem of language is the universities of India. Just you know the Hindi language that is national language of India.

Role
    Organisation
    No there is no problem in south universities its our tendency that in south india language and English is the best language to communicate within the universities

Role
    Organisation
    don't think so there will be no problem of language in south universities and if you are well and good enough in english then you will survive

Role
    Student
    Hindi is national language and everybody knows it well. In some other case you can get help through English language.

Role
    Organisation
    No not at all , as south based colleges and universities are very specific about medium of instruction and that is English .

Role
    Organisation
    There can be a language barrier but Hindi is most commonly spoken in India. If there ever you're facing any language issues you can take help of friends anytime.

Role
    Student
    I guess there wont be any kind of language problem. Almost everyone will communicate in English. Even if you face try to take help from your friends. Just dont think of anything and enjoy your mtech life.

Role
    Other

Smile

I don't think there would be a language problem. Almost All people will communicate in english and hindi specifically in campus area. You can take help of friends when you are out of campus area. All the Best!

Role
    Organisation
    Hi,

By this time you might have got joined in some university. But I thought this would be helpful others. So continuing.

I am from Hyderabad (South India) and I have some cousins who are did/doing their B.Tech in GITAM. This is a very good college. Don't worry about the language influence. Unlike in Chennai, people here speak in Hindi and English. You will not have any problem whatsoever.

All the best.

+ Reply to Post