Correction in name of my father in mark-sheet?
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Role
    Student

Dear sir,
    I am a student of class 10th from CBSE board and passed class 10th in 2006 from CBSE Board of regular candidates...and my S.no.R/2006/052233 and roll no-5143095
    there is a mistakes in my father's name in my 10th marksheet and admit card...
    so,i want needful information from you that how can i correct my father's name and what are the relavant documents required for correcting my father's name and where to go for correcting the name of my father....
    pls help me as soon as possible .waiting for your reply.....!

Role
    Other
    got any answer regarding your query?? plz let me knw bcz i hve same prblm

Role
    Mentor
    Changes and Corrections in Father's Name:

(i) Correction in name means correction in spelling errors, factual errors, typographical errors in candidate's Name/Surname, Father's Name/Mother's Name to make it consistent with what is given in the school record.

Change in name also includes alteration, addition, deletion to make it different from the school records.

(ii) Application for correction in name may be considered any time provided that the application of the candidate is forwarded with the following documents:

(a) Admission form(s) filled in by the parents at the time of admission.

(b) The School Leaving Certificate of the previous school submitted by the parents of the candidate at the time of admission.

(c) Portion of the page of admission and withdrawal register of the school where the entry has been made in respect of the candidate.

(iii) The Board may effect necessary corrections after verification of the Original records of the school and on payment of the prescribed fee.

(iv) Applications regarding change in name/surname will be considered where such changes have been permitted by a Court of Law and notified in a Government Gazette. In the event of Court of Judicature allowing the change of name of a candidate, the same shall be carried out by the Board after obtaining relevant documents concerning change of name published in an official gazette.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask!

Role
    Other
    Hello Sahoo,

I have completed my 10th in 1999. need to correct father and mother surname in both 10th and 12th certificates. Pls guide. Thanks

Role
    Student
    yes you can change the name or alter the name of your father and mother surname you have to go to the board office like mp board or cbsc board. they will give you some form for correction after that they generate new mark sheet with real name and surname don't worry it will easily done.

Role
    Parent
    Hello Shibu ,
    Have you got your reply yet ? because its very urgent to make the correction as early as possible.

Role
    Parent
    Hello Shibu ,
    Have you got your reply yet ? because its very urgent to make the correction as early as possible.

Role
    Other
    Make an application to university for correction of name in your marksheet. You can make an affidavit affirming your father’s name before a Judicial Magistrate and publish that affidavit in local newspaper.

well you can apply by filling a correction form and submit it to cbse office and an nominal fee would be charged to you , and you can change that my providing sufficient proof for your corrections.

+ Reply to Post