Career in travel and tourism management
+ Ask a Question
Discussion Title:

Role
    Mentor

One of my relative asked me about travel and tourism management course for his son whether it should be good choice or not. As I am from engineering background i have no idea about this course. Please advice me about this course. Is this course really good option for making career in the travel industry, if yes what are the available courses and best colleges for such course.

Role
    Student
    Everything depends upon your choice and interest. But you said you are from engineering background then what are you looking in tour and travel. You should go for engineering. Tour and Travel is on the other hand is a different and a whole field. Every course has its own goodness and every line is good. You just need it to do in a better way.
    Let me say something, i am an technology love person and my friend love to travel. We both have start loving our choices and interest when we were in 10th or 10+2. And the result of this is that i am working in a IT company, and he is a tour and travel agent. So go for your choice and interest and not for course. This is my way of thinking and rest will be up to you.

Role
    Other
    There are lot of opportunity in travel and tourism industry check out the colleges given below for travel and tourism :

1. Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management
    2. Amity Institute of Travel and Tourism
    3. Manyawar Kanshiram Institute of Tourism Management
    4. National Institute of Hotel Management & Tourism
    5. Aptech Aviation and Hospitality Academy

Role
    Other
    Quote Originally Posted by abhiroy View Post
    One of my relative asked me about travel and tourism management course for his son whether it should be good choice or not. As I am from engineering background i have no idea about this course. Please advice me about this course. Is this course really good option for making career in the travel industry, if yes what are the available courses and best colleges for such course.
    Hi abhiroy,

Travel and Tourism is one of the fastest growing and profit making industry, offers services such as retail travel, currency exchange, tour operators etc. Aspirant who are looking for carriers in tourism & travel sector will need to pursue a course in this field. There are several universities/institutes offer various undergraduate and postgraduate courses.

Role
    Student
    Hi Abhiroy,
    Yes of course, today travel and tourism sector holds huge opportunities because of growing tourism sector in India.

This program aims to train and develop professionals for hospitality and tourism industry. Program helps students acquire a thorough knowledge and understanding of Marketing, Sales, Tour Planning, Tour Operation, Holiday Consulting and foreign exchange management for tourists.

+ Reply to Post