What marks are required in Graduation for CAT?
+ Ask a Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Discussion Title:

Role
    Other

i have done MCA with 68 % and done B.com with 48 % .....i wanted to face CAT EXAM ....could it be possible?????..........if it need 50 % in graduation can i appear for graduation exam for clearing the criteria of CAT EXAM...????

Role
    Mentor
    Eligibility criteria for CAT:

1. Any graduation with atleast 55% marks from any recognised university.
    2. You must be a citizen of india.
    3. There is no age limit for this exam.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask!

Role
    Other
    I think you need just 50% marks and not 55% marks in graduation as an eligibility criteria for appearing in CAT.

Role
    Student
    Is there any other information that is needed to be known for the CAT? any prepatory information that can be given?what subjects should we focus more on for the cat?

Role
    Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by rohittaparia2011 View Post
    Is there any other information that is needed to be known for the CAT? any prepatory information that can be given?what subjects should we focus more on for the cat?
    please check your private message. You can contact me directly via private message. Have a good day!

The criteria of CAT is Candidates must hold a bachelor's degree, at least 50% of the marks or equivalent in the case 45% of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC) / Scheduled Tribes (ST) or "disabled (PWD) category (CGPA)

Role
    Student
    Different colleges have different criteria...for for top IIM's you would require above 80%...but with 60% u can get into a decent college....

i think there is 60% marks required for taking admission in CAT.But you should check the elligibility criteria for it.

Role
    Student
    For general candidates minimum score is 50% in Graduation & for SC, ST Candidates minimum 45% marks is required.

Role
    Organisation
    This will help you

Common Admission Test is the entrance test for admission to various management programs offered by IIMs and other top B-Schools of India. The exam is conducted once a year and marks the first step of a student’s journey to IIMs. More than two lakh students appear for CAT every year. Out of this number, only a handful is selected by each top B School. Any candidate who has scored 50% in graduation or an equivalent CGPA is eligible to appear for CAT. Graduation final year students or those awaiting results can also appear for the entrance.Preparation for the has to start as early as one year from the test

+ Reply to Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast