CBSE vs ICSE - which board is better? - Page 3
+ Ask a Question
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Discussion Title:

CBSE vs ICSE - which board is better?

Role
    Student

hi friends,
    the thing is that it depends on how one thinks about the board.....but in my opinion every board has its own pros and cons. In CBSE there is a holistic development of the student and with the advent of CCE this has been taken into a further level whereas in ICSE the students become more book-oriented or you can say they dont get any further time to read beyond the books. On the other hand, the content of ICSE books is marvellous, it underlines the basic concepts and takes it to the next level. But in CBSE the content is reducing day by day...the theory which should be taught in std9 is in std 11.

And speaking of the marking or grading system, the thought behind the marking system in ICSE is a great one......in CBSE also is a great one but here it is only with grades so as to reduce student's depressions...

I just want to say that assess yourself and then decide which board to chose...
    thanxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Role
    Parent
    I think CBSE is better option.because CBSE will give only grades in the examination results. This is seen as a progressive move. ICSE has not made such an announcement as yet.

Role
    Parent
    I feel ICSE is the best if you plan to prepare your child for futher education in abroad .in tough situations your child may match up to your expectations .however do not strain your child try icse to your best and if it does not level up to what you expect then try the other boards. try to help your child get maximum exposure so that he can face all situations.beginning a child proves to be restless don't be disheartened as it is this kind of child that later grows well and becomes successful...My daughter she is studying in 5th grade at Inventure academy international school (ICSE school) in Bangalore.

Role
    Other
    In India we give importance to good education. CBSE is better option as they have less syllabus volume than ICSE and it’s more popular in India. CBSE has more scholarship and talent search program as compared to ICSE.

Role
    Student
    CBSE is good for those appearing in competitions after 12th Board including IIT JEE.ICSE good for medical line.
    CBSE is best for those going for engineering.

Role
    Parent

Talking

Hi my name shazia m frm mumbai.m really confused which board to choose as since last one month m searching on net there r pros n cons in both boards cbse n Icse.As all my relatives kids studying in Icse n near my home there is Icse school n one cbse school name orchids international school I liked dat school n it's only cbse so I go further n put in cbse as my decision is rite pls need a good guidance.thnks

Role
    Student
    CBSE is better as compare to ICSE because
    1.CBSE has less syllabus volume as compare to ICSE
    2.CBSE board helps more in engineering and medical field
    3.CBSE has more Scholarships and talent search exams
    CBSE is more focuses on maths and science. This helps students for engineering and medical entrance exams. Prior CBSE experience will be always helpful for students doing their medical and engineering.

Role
    Organisation
    I think CBSE is quite better than ICSE in terms of availability of schools, acceptance of results everywhere and many more. I would suggest you prefer CBSE over ICSE.

Role
    Other
    Actually both are good but it's up to you which is better for you. Do not compare the two board instead choose what you like.

Thanks,
    OneGk

Role
    Student
    Both are equally good, though ISC will be more hectic and the projects that come along with it (ISC) are really very time consuming. The level of Physics, Chemistry and Math is almost the same in both the boards and it really goes along well with the IIT JEE/ AIEEE syllabus.
    So, I'd advise you to switch over to CBSE.

+ Reply to Post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast