I am a teacher-counsellor in a CBSE affiliated private school. Some of my students have expressed that at the class XI level, eventhough CBSE offers many choices, they are forced to take the combination offered by the school they wish to join in or where they are selected.

Where (any link?) can I look for the combinations offered by CBSE?

Is it possible for a student to appear privately in any one paper/subject of his/her choice which is not offered in the school? If so, how will he be graded for the internals? What is the procedure?

Do schools permit, if not encourage, such combinations?