My friend is having problems in getting his provisional certificate attested. He did his B.Tech from SMVD University, Katra. The officials are denying to do the attestation for the following reasons:
1. He's not a citizen of J&K
2. They say that, "they don't have the authority"

Will someone please tell me who has the authority to do his attestation?