To appear as Private Candidate for class 12th from CBSE 2014
+ Ask a Question
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Discussion Title:

To appear as Private Candidate for class 12th from CBSE

Role
    Parent

To appear as Private Candidate for class 12th from CBSE

My Daughter appeared in class 12th (2011-12) examination from CBSE Delhi through Patrachar Vidayalya,Shalimar Bagh Delhi but failed. Now let me know how can she appeared in class 12th examination (2012-13) from CBSE Delhi.

Apart from that whether she can change her subject (i.e. from commerce to Art subject)

Thanks & Regards

RD Joshi

Role
    Supporter
    Forms will be available from syndicate bank branches and CBSE regional offices from 20th August.

Procedure:

(i) A private candidate must submit to the Regional Officer of the Board within the prescribed limit an application in the form prescribed together with the prescribed fee for the examination and three copies of passport size photographs duly signed by the candidate and countersigned in case of teacher.

(ii) If the application of a private candidate is received after the prescribed date, he shall pay late fee as prescribed.

(iii) When a private candidate's application for admission to the examination is rejected, the examination fee, including late fee, if any paid by him less Rs.10/- or the amount as decided by the Chairman from time to time will be refunded to him provided that in the case of candidates whose applications have been rejected on account of the candidate's producing a false certificate or making a false statement in the application, the full amount of fee shall be forfeited.

(iv) Private candidates shall not be allowed to offer for their examination, a subject (even if the subject is recognised for the examination) which is not being taught in an affiliated School.

(v) Private candidates shall not be allowed to offer such subjects for the examination which involve practical work except in the case of candidates who had failed earlier and who had put in a regular course of study at an institution affiliated to the Board in the previous academic year. However notwithstanding this condition, female candidates may offer Home Science
    with practical.

(vi) Those regular candidates who have failed to obtain promotion to class XII of the school affiliated to the Board or any other recognised Board shall not be admitted to the Senior School Certificate Examination of the Board as private candidates.

(vii) Every year, in the beginning of the session, the Heads of Schools shall send to the Regional Officer concerned, a list of female and handicapped students who have been detained in class XI containing student's name, date of birth, the name of his father or guardian and the place of residence.

Role
    Student
    hi sir
    i am Aditya and i opted for science stream in class 12th but could not clear from my school !!! i am fail in 4 subjects and i wanna know whether i am eligible as a cbse private candidate???? can i change my stream and opt for other subjects?????
    i am not very much clear about the 4th and 5th point which u mentioned above!! and i want to know is this only for girls and handicapped students???

Role
    Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ADITYA007 View Post
    hi sir
    i am Aditya and i opted for science stream in class 12th but could not clear from my school !!! i am fail in 4 subjects and i wanna know whether i am eligible as a cbse private candidate???? can i change my stream and opt for other subjects?????
    i am not very much clear about the 4th and 5th point which u mentioned above!! and i want to know is this only for girls and handicapped students???
    Yes, you're eligible as a private candidate. Yes, you can opt for other subjects.
    Point 4 states that you are not allowed to choose a subject which isn't taught in an CBSE affiliated School.
    Point 5 states that you are not allowed to choose a subject which involve practical work, and this rule doesn't apply to failed students.

Role
    Student
    Quote Originally Posted by counselor View Post
    Yes, you're eligible as a private candidate. Yes, you can opt for other subjects.
    Point 4 states that you are not allowed to choose a subject which isn't taught in an CBSE affiliated School.
    Point 5 states that you are not allowed to choose a subject which involve practical work, and this rule doesn't apply to failed students.
    sir,i got failed in cbse 2012 so can i give private exam for cbse 2013...?????

Role
    Student
    Quote Originally Posted by counselor View Post
    sir, plz tell me kya mai saare exams de skta hu fir se agar mera compartment aaya ho.......??????????]

Role
    Student
    hello sir i failed in 11th in my school this year..!!! so i wanted to know that am i eligible for giving my 12th boards in 2013 as a private candidate from cbse?????????????

Role
    Parent
    My Son appeared in class 12th (2011-12) examination from CBSE Kolkata through Central School Army HQ Kolkata but failed. Now let me know how can he appeared in class 12th examination (2012-13) from CBSE Delhi. Apart from that whether he can change his subject (i.e. from computer science to Commerce subject).

Thanks & Regards

Manjula

Role
    Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by shubh View Post
    sir,i got failed in cbse 2012 so can i give private exam for cbse 2013...?????
    Yes you can!

Role
    Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by shubh View Post
    sir, plz tell me kya mai saare exams de skta hu fir se agar mera compartment aaya ho.......??????????]
    YES you can appear for all subjects even if you got compartment in only one subject. You will appear as a Private Candidate!

+ Reply to Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast